Thursday 31 March 2011

voice, this time its the bbc - a grump

I am puzzled. I listened to the beginning of a BBC 3rd Programme play on Sunday - w'therin' 'ites by that Bronte lass  -  and then, on a nod from my partner, we agreed to turn it off.  Not because of the naughty words but becaause of the poor voices. I was looking foward to hearing the local dialects being richly spoken.  My dad had a marvellous Yorshire dialect.  We would far rather have had the words said with love of them even if a bit iffy on the side of being correctly Yorkshire than what we were given.  I'm intrigued by the lack of good voices coming out of drama schools.  I value dialects - Think Northern Broadside  - but....come on you voice teachers, do your stuff!

Here, for fun, is Horatio in Hamlet - paingting in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment