Sunday 30 December 2012

glaucoma 2

This time, I closed my left eye, and with charcoal on a broken ground of green and blue sketched in the shapes of the living room before me as seen with my right. Then with indian ink, pen and brush emphasised parts of the picture to give it a little movement.  The fish like shape in the middle is my glaucomis companion - the challenge is to paint what I cannot see. Impossible, of course, but worth attempting if just for the interest I get from it - My uncle, Norman Sutcliffe, and illustrator and best of blokes, working in the first part of the last century would encourage me by telling me to paint what I see - I suppose what I am doing here is painting what my brain registers as missing from what I see. 

To all - may we have a peaceful New Year ,,, for a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment